Post 2: Songs and Memories

For a long time, music has been an important part of my life, because in it I have found captured feelings of moments I went through, whether they were good or bad.

One specific song that triggers a lot of memories in my mind is "Safe and sound" from Capital cities. Every time I listen to it I transport myself to 2013 when I was ten years old, playing with my best friend Mario Kart at home after school, it transmits to me the tranquility and carefreeness of those years. The afternoons playing invizimals cards, beyblades and football in the park until our mothers would pick us up to take a shower, go to bed and get ready for another day. 

To this day, whenever I listen to it, I am caught by nostalgia, in addition to two main impulses, to dance or to cry. Many times, you want to relive certain simple moments, but you didn’t give them enough value until you grow up. As we know, going back in time is impossible, but this song gives me a small chance to feel like a child again.




Comentarios