Post 3: A person i would like to meet

A person I would like to meet is Billie Joe Amstrong, a musician from the United States, creator of Sweet Children along with his partner Mike Dirnt, a band that in 1989 was renamed Green Day, a name by which it is known all over the world. An eccentric and extravagant artist on stage, adding his humorous and bizarre touch to every show. Outside of music, from what I have seen in interviews, he is a very nice and humble person, who always takes time to share with his fans. 

What I admire most apart from his talent for composing and playing music, is the great personal improvement he had because of his drug use, after he was admitted to rehab in 2012 after having been drugged into an altercation at the Iheart Radio music festival, a process he completed until 2013. This situation was captured by Billie in the song “Still breathing” from Green day’s "Revolution Radio" album, released on October 7th, 2016.

Their musical career has been unquestionably successful, leading Green Day to position itself as one of the most important bands in the history of the punk genre, winning on many occasions major music awards, such as Grammy, Billboard music awards and American music awards, as well as being nominated in many other editions. 

In addition to everything mentioned above, I admire him and would like to meet him because he is part of my favorite musical group that has left a mark on me especially with his album "American Idiot", which, to this day is my favorite and has a deep meaning that I will always have.









Comentarios